Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sweet Sweet Summertime

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! I'm currently trying to sell a guitar I crafted in hopes of raising money for my upcoming trip to Maine. So far I've had no luck and I think it;s because no one trusts/knows  how cool this thing is! Let me just say that similar guitars sell for about $250 but because I'm so desperate I'll start the price off at $75. No, it cannot play but really it's a child's guitar so there's no need to play it. Just hang it up on the wall or against a piece of furniture and you'll be good to go :)

In other news, I saw the movie Super 8 with my cousin yesterday. It was not bad! It wasn't as good as it could have been (mostly because I felt like they left some things unanswered) but all-in-all it was worth seeing. I also mention this because until Harry Potter comes out, the only other movie I'm looking forward to is Larry Crowne...

Summer's also been my time to catch up on reading since lord knows I won't do it during the school year...only problem is I can't seem to find the motivation to do it now either. I'm one of those people that if I have a book that I've started, I won't stop reading it until it's finished. No matter how terrible it is and no matter how long it takes me to read. Take "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" for instance. It's roughly 180 pages and I've been working on it for over a year now. One problem with this book is that it doesn't have chapters so I don't have a designated stopping point every time sit down with it. This means that the stopping point is usually the next page. Another problem with this book is that the writing is so completely awful that it takes a lot of energy to stay focus. The worst part of all of this is that I'm not even half way done... Needless to stay it would be good if people started giving me motivation to finish. Maybe then I could start another book I've been meaning to read.  Probably not though...unless there is a book on CD to go with it. God I hate reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment